The Community Education Program raises awareness, informs the community, and works towards the prevention of sexualized violence in our community.
We educate our community through:
- Prevention and Awareness Campaigns
- Events, (Take Back the Night, Dec 6 Memorial, International Women’s Week and more)
- Development and Facilitation of educational materials, speaks and workshops.
- Participating and engaging in local coordinating committees
- Responding to media
- Social advocacy
We receive many requests for public education through the year. If you are looking for a specific topic for a speak we can tailor our material and work with you and your needs. Our Community Education and Engagement can include:
- Workshops & Conferences
- Resource Materials
- Info Booth and Displays
- Advocacy and Support
Some of our most popular requests include
- Sexual Violence 101
- Healthy Relationships
- Information for Parents and Guardians
- Bystander Intervention
- Sexting and Online Safety
- Sexual Assault and The Law
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Wellness Wheel
SAC Kingston also often hosts events and training on different topics throughout the year. Check our events page for upcoming information or request to be put on our email list.